Monday, September 8

Quote for Today

This is similar to a quote listed on my friend Rob's blog (see his link on the left). For me this personal struggle is primarily sumed up in the questions, "What do I want?" "What do I need?" and "Who do I love?"

Anyway, this particular one is about jobs and hits deep because I've been struggling in that arena for, well a hell of a long time (so it seems to me).

"...Many people are unable to ever find true work identity. They stumble from job to job, never really finding anything that is 'them.' More often than not, this is a boundary problem. They have not been able to own their own gifts, talents, wants, desires, and dreams because they are unable to set boundaries on others' definitions and expectations of them." - Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend.

Doctors- I am convicted and diligently working on the boundary building- thanks for the wisdom.

No comments: