Friday, June 25

A Next Step

Matt and I are applying to be a part of a non-profit company (as mentioned in a few posts down) that ministers to residents within the complex of apartment living.

We (Art's Way Group) prayed about it last night, and I received a packet in my e-mail about the next steps of the application and it is a lot to process. In this packet are more details about the job description, what they expect of you and the specifics of what they mean by ministry.

As I read it I'm pondering whether there is any way I will be able to have a part-time job, pursue art, caring for the home and do this job too. I fear we won't have enough income if I stop working altogether. I believe that God will provide for us if this is His will, and we're trying to find that out by applying and pursing the ministry position, yet I've struggled with relying on God to provide money. I fear Matt's income won't suffice for our needs if we get this position. I also fear that if it looks like I need to work I'll be unhappy, overly stressed, unable to pursue the other things I believe God is asking me to cultivate and go bananas!

Plus, this role is all about intentionally creating relationships to share the gospel with others. The intentional part is not my strongest asset, because I'm an introvert, so meeting new people usually makes me close up instead of open up. I do enjoy organizing events and planning and administrative work, but I have no idea how to reach someone with different interests than me - especially within the sports realm.

So, let me speed up what I'm trying to say.

I'm overwhelmed.

Please, please, pray for Matt and I as we read through, weed through our own thoughts, concerns and fears, and pray through and fill out all this stuff.

No comments: