Saturday, October 30

Fall Festival Kick Off

Today is the fall party at Crystal Cove, the apartment community Matt and I have been working at for a month and there is so much to do. We need to set up the room, bake more cookies, buy bottles of soda for the bowling game, make more frosting, take out our trash, go grocery shopping and a bunch of other things. I'm overwhelmed, but something I've been learning about being overwhelmed is that I need to get all the stuff that is packed in my cranium out and aired.

I went to sleep last night at 1:30 AM, which is super later for me, but I couldn't sleep past 7:30 this morning. Since then, I've been up trying to accomplish some things, one of which was  making a German pancake with apple sauce in hopes that it would lure my ever sleeping husband from bed. No cigar. He is still in bed with the covers pulled over his face and about ten pillows stacked on top of his head. I hope he can breath because when he does wake up I really need him.

The truth is that I don't understand migraines.  I've had maybe ten in my lifetime and only two of them have been painful, the others just made the world look like it does through a kaleidoscope.

I did have my share of the German pancake and man, I think this is my favorite morning breakfast. So custard like and delicious. Meanwhile, the man is still asleep and I believe today has marked the moment when I finally realize that my husband doesn't care much about food. He likes it, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't hit his top ten list of things he enjoys.  That is SUPER strange for me since I love food, cooking food, trying food, eating food, planning food. It's a creative process and when something turns out well I LOVE seeing others enjoy it. The down side is if they don't express satisfaction I'm calculating the next time I make that dish and determining ways to fix it.

Yet, I can honestly say that today's pancake rocks! Now who gets to share the other 3/4th of the goodness?

No comments: