Monday, December 8

IRONY

When people start yelling or becoming defensive, when I'm embarassed, and when things start becoming illogical my immediate reaction is to find the humor.

So, its kind of ironic that my last post concerned a difficult coworker, and this post well...

Well, I was laid off of work today, and I guess I don't need to worry about the co-worker.

Yes, I'm in a national satistic, and yes- my employer just raised the national unemployment rate by at least ten people. I knew the downsizing was coming, I've been applying for other positions, but I really, really, really wanted an new job before I gave my notice.

I wanted to feel like I was leaving something, for something better. Yeah, I know, I know, I'm sure something better will come along, but so far its 3/3 of jobs in the last five years that I've had bad exist stories with.

Maybe I'm too romantic.

Sigh.

And...umm...

Say a prayer, k?

Irony is fading.

2 comments:

Islandgirl said...

Oh Sweetie....I am so sorry! and yes, I will keep you in my prayers!

thekraken said...

hey, kid. believe me, I feel your pain. we can start a club!